- January 8 – Compassion
- February 12 – The Season for Nonviolence and Random Acts of Kindness
- March 12 – Black & White: Like You & Me
- April 9 – Repair the World: Detroit
- May 14 – Women Creating a Future of Peace
- June 11 – Interfaith Panel on Peace
- July 9 – Vegetarian Potluck/ Michigan Peace Team Report from the Southern Border
- August 13 – Game Night Fundraiser
- September 10 – Saeed Khan’s Annual Talk
- October 8 – Pathways to Peace
- November 12 – 16th Anniversary & Letter Writing
- December 10 – The Science of Happiness
- **Mark the 2nd Tuesday of each month with a peace sign to remember to join the Citizens for Peace at our monthly meeting. (These topics are subject to change.)
Since 2006 we have researched and developed a Nonviolence and Peacebuilding Bibliography of
over 1100 titles of materials for youth and adults.
These materials are available to Michigan residents through their local Library Network and MELCAT.
View the complete ADULT BIBLIOGRAPHY OF NONVIOLENT PEACEBUILDING MATERIALS (2006 - 2017)
View the complete YOUTH BIBLIOGRAPHY OF NONVIOLENT PEACEBUILDING MATERIALS (2006 - 2017)
Rosemary Doyle, Education Chair; Colleen Mills, President; and Becky Copenhaver, Education Committee Member are all smiles in front of our latest book donation display at the Canton Public Library. It was set up for the United Nations International Day of Peace. Check out these inspiring books!!
Citizens for Peace present
with Dr. Saeed Khan
September 12, 2017 7 PM
Unity of Livonia (28660 5 Mile)
Dr. Saeed Khan is a lecturer in the Department of Near Eastern and Asian Studies at Wayne State University. He is also a fellow at the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding. Dr. Khan will share his knowledge of Islam: a 14 centuries old religion and civilization for 1.7 billion people. Understanding Islam helps unpack the beliefs, history and complexities of this global phenomenon.
Thank you Dr. Khan for sharing your powerpoint!